The environmental protection industry in the United States presents the characteristics of a mature industry: slower growth rates, fierce competition among peers, diverse customer needs, fierce price competition, reduced profits, and frequent corporate mergers. There are two forms of environmental protection enterprises in the United States (including state-owned enterprises and private enterprises): first, public infrastructure companies that have existed in history, such as companies that provide drinking water, wastewater treatment and waste management; and second, with the development of domestic environmental regulations The majority of the companies that have emerged and implemented rapidly are private companies, mainly engaged in pollution control and pollution remediation. This environmental protection system has greatly promoted the development of the US environmental protection industry.
After experiencing economic development leading to the deterioration of environmental quality and the emergence of many pollution incidents, Japan began to realize the importance of environmental protection. The Japanese government has therefore adopted a series of environmental protection measures and achieved success. The classification of environmental protection industries by the Japanese Ministry of the Environment is shown in the table below.
At present, Japan's environmental protection industry has entered a self-regulatory development stage guided by the market mechanism. Over the past three decades, Japan's environmental policies, guidelines, environmental legal system, standards and other environmental measures have been continuously strengthened, leading to environmental industries, green and clean consumption, etc., have begun to prevail. The environmental industry has shifted from a specific polluting industry to all industries, from official needs to private needs, and has radiated from cities to various regions, and the market size has also continued to expand.
United Nations Environment Programme
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), established in 1973 and headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is one of only two United Nations agencies based in the world in developing countries. All United Nations Member States, members of the specialized agencies and members of the International Atomic Energy Agency can join UNEP, and by 2009, more than 100 countries have participated in its activities. In the 21st century where the international community and governments are paying more and more attention to the state of the global environment and the prospects for sustainable development in the world, UNEP is receiving more and more attention and is playing an irreplaceable key role.
China Environmental Protection Federation
The All-China Environment Federation (ACEF for short) is approved by the State Council of the People's Republic of China, registered by the Ministry of Civil Affairs, and supervised by the State Environmental Protection Administration. It is formed voluntarily by enthusiastic environmental protection causes, enterprises, and institutions. Non-profit, national social organization. The purpose of the China Environmental Protection Association is to implement the sustainable development strategy, to achieve the national environment and development goals, to protect the public and social environmental rights and interests, and to fully reflect the organizational advantages of the China Environmental Protection Association "Greater China, Great Environment, Great Alliance" , Play the role of a bridge and bond between the government and society, promote the development of China's environmental undertakings, and promote the progress of human environmental undertakings.
China Environmental Protection Industry Association
The China Environmental Protection Industry Association was established in 1993 (formerly the China Environmental Protection Industry Association established in 1984). It is a scientific research, design, production, distribution and service unit registered in China engaged in environmental protection A social group voluntarily formed by industry experts in the environmental protection industry is a cross-regional, cross-sectoral, and cross-ownership non-profit social organization with the status of a corporate legal person. The China Environmental Protection Industry Association has a total of 46 group members (provincial, autonomous region, municipality, and sub-provincial city environmental protection industry associations), with more than 1,100 unit members, and tens of thousands of enterprises through provincial and municipal associations.
Environmental Protection China Industry Alliance
Environmental Protection China Industry Alliance (English abbreviation: EPCIU): referred to as Environmental Protection China, is an unlawful, active, academic non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting "prevention and control of environmental pollution, improvement of the ecological environment, and protection of natural resources". The alliance was co-sponsored by relevant government departments, industry associations, mainstream media, and leading enterprises, and has received extensive attention and strong support from all sectors of society. Mission of the Alliance: Environmental protection makes the world a better place. Accelerate the industrialization of China's environmental protection industry, build a mature environmental protection industry chain, integrate resources from government departments, research institutions, environmental protection companies, mainstream media and other parties, promote effective integration of environmental protection industry's upper, middle and lower reaches, optimize industrial structure, and promote economic development .
China Environmental Culture Promotion Association
China Environmental Culture Promotion Association (English name: China Environmental Culture Promotion Association, English abbreviation: CECPA) belongs to the Ministry of Environmental Protection of the People's Republic of China. It is a cross-regional, cross-sectoral, non-profit national environmental culture with corporate legal personality. organization. The association is composed of experts, scholars, writers, artists, journalists, propaganda and educators, entrepreneurs and celebrities from all walks of life.
Chinese Society for Environmental Sciences
Chinese Society for Environmental Sciences (English name: Chinese Society For Environmental Sciences; English abbreviation: CSES) was established in May 1978. It is a non-profit national non-governmental science and technology organization established in China and specializing in environmental protection. The national first-level society affiliated to the Chinese Association of Science and Technology has the advantages and characteristics of extensive cross-sectoral, cross-industry, and horizontal connections. Business units are China Science and Technology Association and State Environmental Protection Administration.
Sewage treatment and solid waste treatment have investment value From October 15th to 18th, 2010, the Fifth Plenary Session of the Seventeenth Central Committee of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China reviewed the development plan for emerging industries in the country's "Twelfth Five-Year Plan" strategy. We interpret the meeting announcement that the government's determination and goals to implement energy conservation and emission reduction completely exceed market expectations, and the environmental protection industry will receive unprecedented support for policies and funding. It is expected that related environmental protection industry policies will be introduced, which will hopefully stimulate a new round of environmental protection market.
In the field of environmental protection industry, sewage treatment and solid waste treatment have investment value. Specifically, the upstream of the environmental protection industry chain is environmental protection equipment manufacturing, the midstream is the construction of environmental protection infrastructure, and the downstream is the operation of environmental protection infrastructure. Environmental protection upstream industries have higher technology and process thresholds, and their return on investment is higher than that of downstream industries, and companies are prone to explosive growth. The rate of return on investment in downstream industries will be limited by industry policies, and major investment opportunities lie in mergers and acquisitions. We believe that wastewater treatment and solid waste treatment are subdivided industries with investment value in the environmental protection industry. Industrial wastewater treatment investment opportunities are upstream of the industrial chain, domestic wastewater treatment investment opportunities are downstream, and solid waste treatment has investments in the entire industrial chain. opportunity.
From an investment perspective, we recommend choosing investment targets from the following three aspects: (1) companies with greater performance flexibility that may break the limit of valuation space; (2) companies driven by themes and able to stimulate market hotspots; (3) stable performance growth, Macro and market impact companies. 
1.Policy-driven industries, industries driven by environmental standards, regulations, and environmental goals, such as: S02 cuts the binding index by 10%, which drives the development of the desulfurization industry; the standard NOx of thermal power plants is controlled at 100 or 200, which is directly related to the catalyst Industry related.
2. Industrial development is dependent. Environmental protection laws and regulations, environmental protection goals, and the focus of pollution prevention and ecological protection determine the development direction of the environmental protection industry. Environmental protection technology policies and various environmental protection standards specify the technical requirements for pollution prevention. And the type and level of control of pollutants, which determines the direction and level of technological needs of the environmental protection industry; environmental law enforcement and environmental protection investment directly affect the actual needs of the environmental protection market.
3. Public welfare industries. The environmental protection industry is a goal-oriented industry that meets the needs of environmental protection and solves environmental problems. It is an industry that provides material foundation and technical support for pollution prevention and improvement of ecological protection resources.
4. The correlation between the level of industrial development and environmental protection goals. The level of environmental protection industry development determines whether the environmental protection goals can be achieved.
9 great significance
1. As one of the strategic emerging industries, the environmental protection industry is the material foundation and technical guarantee for environmental protection and an important support for promoting energy conservation and emission reduction.
2. The environmental protection industry involves various aspects such as technology, equipment, products, materials, engineering, and services. It has a comprehensive and multi-level correlation with many industries in the national economy.
3. The development of environmental protection industry, on the one hand, increases the ability to control pollution, and provides conditions for improving the environmental quality; on the other hand, because the environmental protection industry penetrates all links of the national economy, it has a long industrial chain, a wide design, and a large influence And other characteristics, its development has also led to related industrial technology upgrades and industrial organization adjustments, increased employment opportunities, and promoted social stability and harmony.
10 Status and problems
1. Establish a relatively complete industrial system with a certain scale, and the industrial scale and structure, technical level and degree of marketization have been greatly improved. In the past 10 years, the annual growth rate of China's environmental protection industry output value has reached 15-20%, all exceeding the GDP growth rate over the same period. It is estimated that the output value of China's broad-based environmental protection industry reached 820 billion yuan in 2008, already accounting for 2.7% of GDP. There are 35,000 environmental protection enterprises and more than 3 million people are employed. Several environmental protection industry clusters with comparative advantages and characteristics have been formed, and a group of modern environmental protection enterprises with annual output value exceeding 1 billion yuan have emerged.
2. Insufficient innovation ability, imperfect environmental technology innovation system with enterprises as the main body, insufficient integration of production, teaching and research, and insufficient investment in technology development. Some core technologies have not been fully grasped, and some key equipment depends on imports. The market is not standardized, local protection, low-cost and low-quality vicious competition are particularly serious, pollution control focuses on construction, light management, and the rate of compliance with facilities is low. The structure is irrational, the scale of enterprises is small, the concentration of industries is low, the proportion of environmental services is low, and a full-service system has not yet been established. Imperfect policy mechanisms, limited incentives for fiscal and tax incentives related to the environmental protection industry, lack of guidance, inadequate laws and regulations, lack of enforcement, insufficient capital investment, and difficulty in financing enterprises.